Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Myxaroo: Saturday & Sunday's Schedule


Presuming I can still walk and haven't been completely demolished by the first two days of rain and heat, I will continue to get down on Saturday and Sunday. Both very full days, but I'm excited mostly for Saturday's lineup, which kicks off with Cheer Up Charlie Daniels, Abigail Washburn and Old Crow Medicine Show. Just when I think I've had enough banjo, I move on to Deer Tick and Mumford and Sons. How can one complain, however, about a night that ends with Buffalo Springfield & Girl Talk?
Schedule for Saturday, June 11th
Cheer Up Charlie Daniels at The On Tap Lounge, 12:00pm-12:50
Abigail Washburn & The Village at the Sonic Stage, 1:30-2:00
Old Crow Medicine Show at Which Stage, 2:00-3:15
Deer Tick at That Tent, 3:15-4:30
Portugal. The Man at That Tent, 5:00-6:15
Mumford & Sons at Which Stage, 6:15-7:45
Bootsy Collins & The Funk University at the Other Tent, 7:00-8:30
The Black Keys at What Stage, 8:00-9:30
Buffalo Springfield at Which Stage, 9:30-11:00
Eminem at What Stage, 11:00-12:30a
Gogol Bordello at the Other Tent, 2:00-3:30
Girl Talk at This Tent, 2:30-4:00

The final day. Surely bedraggled and surrounded by the stench of alcohol and sweat, soul crushed from a weekend of over-exertion and little rest, I'll be refreshed waking up to the easy pop of The Head and The Heart. I'm not sure how I feel about the Smith Westerns, I did enjoy their latest album, but in interviews they seem less than charming. Then, the magic happens: Iron & Wine, Beirut and the Strokes, back to back. High school Kyle is blown away by this; hell, adult Kyle is blown away by this. Iron & Wine playing any tracks from "Kiss Each Other Clean" will undoubtedly be a festival highlight, and the Strokes new material is fairly exciting, as well. The whole shebang ends with none other than Widespread Panic. While I must say that I am not huge into jam bands, Widespread are staples of the genre and to be able to say I saw them close out Bonnaroo's 10th Annivesary will be pretty neat.

Schedule for Sunday, June 12th
The Head and The Heart at The Other Tent, 12:00pm-1:00
Smith Westerns at This Tent, 12:30-1:30
Mavis Staples at What Stage, 1:15-2:30
G. Love at Sonic Stage, 2:45-3:15
Iron & Wine at Which Stage, 4:30-6:00
Beirut at The Other Tent, 6:15-7:45
The Strokes at Which Stage, 6:45-8:15
Widespread Panic at What Stage, 8:30-11:00

No comments:

Post a Comment